Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Zoey's First taste of Rice cereal

So, Zoey is 4 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days old today. All the books and everyone I talk to says that babies should start solids between 4-6 months. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to get her started, especially since it might take a few weeks for her to get use to it and actually start eating. So, this being my first time to feed a baby their first foods it was quite interesting. I'm glad the box gave directions for "baby's first feeding" otherwise I would have been clueless. She only ate a few bites and spit out as many bites as she ate but it was a good first try in my opinion. Here are a few pictures from the experience.

She liked to try and grab at everything while I was feeding her so I had to hold her hands down.
She enjoyed most of the bites but she made some funny faces on some!

She swallowed the bites I put further back in her mouth the best. I guess I have to learn how to feed her just like she needs to learn how to eat.
She liked to push out some of the food. The best was when it looked like she had swallowed a bite and then smiled and it came drooling out the side!
She liked the spoon most of all. Good thing I bought a few so she can play with one while I try and feed her.
Isn't she just the cutest ever!

Well, I'm not as good as my friend Danielle at getting posts out but I'm sure going to try and get one at least every other day if I can't do it everyday. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Dani said...

I gosh I only started getting good at it once kelly taught me how to schedule posts. lol...so when are you going to feed her some rice krispies?

terry said...

Zoe looks like she's doing a good job. Little Sadie just had cereal for the first time too. Rebekah said she loved it, but that's our family for ya...we'll eat anything once! O.K., we'll eat everything..more than once.I love food.

terry said...

Sorry, I spelled Zoey wrong, change that for me Melissa will ya.

Melissa (Irving) Meldrum said...

I'd change it if I knew how. I'm kinda blog handicapped/retarted too! It's ok though, most people have to ask me how we decided to spell her name!

Cami said...

I see that you commented on my memories post, so here's a reply for you. I remember working with you at Chick-fil-A and you always wanting me to sing to you. Does "Never Had a Dream Come True" by SClub7 bring up any memories? I also remember going with you to the home school prom even though I wasn't home schooled!