Saturday, July 12, 2008

I know, it's all about Zoey!

Ok, so I know I mostly blog about Zoey but how can I not blog about her when I have the bestest baby in the world! I am amazed each day to see how she is growing and progressing! It's so fun to watch her the last few weeks learning to master the art of putting in her pacifier herself. If she takes it out herself she can usually get it in herself. Sometimes she drops it and can pick it up and figure out how to make the pacifier side facing her but not always rightside up! It's funny when she puts it in upside down!

It's also fun to see her the last few days trying to figure out her body. When she rolls over for tummy time she has been doing this whole booty in the air thing where she is face planted in the ground, grunting and drooling and trying as hard as she can to get her butt in the air and her legs under her. She's going to be crawling before too long and I'm going to be sad :(

The other thing she has started to do is grab at things that mommys holding or just at mommy! The other day she pulled out a whole handful of hair. She like to grab my shirt, glasses, hair, my cup, silverware and anything else I have in my hands that are within her reach! It a good thing I haven't been wearing earrings or necklaces lately!

Lastly I want to mention her chomping skills. On her saucer toy, as we call it, is this long skinny green stem with a blue flower like thing with different knobs around it that you can chew on (see pictures in past posts). At first she never played with that toy but now it's her favorite! She cries when its been turned around and she can't quite reach it. She will chop on that thing forever! She also drools alot when she chops on it. When she's not in her saucer she is ALWAYS chomping on her fingers or hand. Sometimes she even gags herself when she sticks her finger or hand in too far. I think with all this chomping she might be starting to teeth but so far I can't feel anything but who knows!

Oh, the joys of motherhood.
Next post I'll try and get you some pictures!

4 comments:

shahna said...

LOVE the new wallpaper. Don't feel bad about bloggin' about Zoey. That is the way it is supposed to be.

Dani said...

This is what blogs are for! If I didn't have kids...I wouldn't have a blog:) my blog is basically just a journal of when motherhood started, so this is what it's all about! can't wait to go to ikea this week:)

Britt Curtis said...

zoey's adorable! i'm so happy for you. :) and the story about the keys in the mailbox- it cracked me up! i guess it DOES happen to the best of us. :)
-brittany

Amanda said...

I want your insurance guys info! E-mail me please
amanda@whitleyspace.com