Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 4

Today was a much better day then yesterday. I felt like I accomplished a lot at work and Zoey and I had a really nice evening. For my advent activity we went to the Nativity exhibits at The Colony bldg and the Carrollton bldg. When I was growing up my Family was in charge of the Nativity Exhibit down in Katy and so I really appreciate all the time and work that goes into putting the display together. We went to The Colony bldg and they had a nice display and they has a children's room that I really liked. I dressed Zoey up as good as I can and snapped a few pictures.

She started crawling on the floor. I guess she decided she wanted to be one of the stable animals!
They also had a little craft for the kids. It was a manger ornament. Of course, with Zoey, ours didn't turn out exactly right but it was fun because she loves to color.
Like my mom, I collect Nativities (I think I'm somewhere around 40 or so). This is like a Nativity I would love to own one day. It looks much brighter in this picture but the clothes are like real paper/cloth that are stiffened. I'm not sure how to really describe it but I really like them and want one like this one day.
I saw this and absolutely fell in love with it, "Are you part of the Inn crowd, or are you part of the Stable few." I'm so going to use that quote on something one day!
For Zoey's book for the night she unwrapped another Nativity one (as you can see, I really like anything Nativity). I got this one at Mardel's ( a Christian book store/Homeschool/Teacher supply store). It's got a pocket on the front that has little Nativity pieces that you can put on each page where they have a felt section. She really liked the book and played with it for quite awhile.
I'm also really excited because I'm going to put this book in my Sunday bag to keep her occupied during Sacrament.
Well, I'm going to work on some Christmas gifts tonight and go to bed early. Enjoy -

No comments: