Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 11, 12, 13, and 14

I guess I didn't do as good this last week as I did the first week posting every day. Oh well, at lease I'm getting it done! Let's see...

Day 11 (Friday)
I had my work Christmas Party. It was at a restaurant called La Duni's. It was really yummy and a nice evening. I do have to say my favorite part though was the fact that my husband was able to go into work early that day and was able to join me at the party. It was also nice because my friend, who watched Zoey for us, kept her over night so we didn't have to worry about picking her up and had a very nice, quiet night!

Day 12 (Saturday)
This was a very busy day! It started with me waking up early and driving half way to Houston to meet my sister on the side of the road to pick up Nativity costumes for my Ward Christmas party this weekend. It was a nice trip because I didn't take Zoey with me! Amy and I met at Woody's in Centerville and got to spend a little time together before we had to head back home. She also brought some Christmas gifts from the family. I got to open her gift to me and it was amazing! She made me her very own 'Amy's What Not to Wear' book! I don't dress that well and we always loved watching the show together. It is so totally cute! I had a bunch of errands to run and went visiting teaching in the evening.

Day 13 (Sunday)
This was a very nice, relaxing day! The only thing on my to do list was make 4 dozen cookies for my cookie exchange at work the next day. My amazing and wonderful husband offer and actually made the cookies for me! It was amazing! I actually got in a nap and was able to go to bed at a decent hour while he stayed up and made 4 dozen cookies for me! They were very yummy too!!!

Day 14 (Today, Monday)
Today was the beginning of my extra crazy days at work but I survived!!! The fun part of work was we had a cookie exchange. Everyone loved it who participated! I came home with a ton of cookies and they were all so yummy! After work I went to the outlets and did some shopping I needed to. While I was at Lane Bryant to get me some jeans (my only pair got a hole in them) I was in the dressing room and my zipper pully thing fell off my pants, then BOTH of the buttons on my pants popped off!!! I knew my pants were getting worn but I had no idea it was that bad! Luckily I had found some pants that I was going to buy and the ladies were nice enough to let me wear them out of the store. I was SO embarrassed, but I got some new cute jeans now!! So, Zoey is in bed, I'm vegging on the couch and I'm about to crack open the cookies I brought home and eat them all!!!

Oh, we kept up with the books each day and Zoey is getting really good at unwrapping them. Tonight she opened Elmo's 12 days of Christmas and it reminded me of a song that I discovered this year that I like. Below is a youtube clip of 'The 12 days of Christmas' by a group called Straight No Chaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fe11OlMiz8

Ok, so I can't figure out how to upload the video, maybe I'll have Clay do it for me when he has a chance. But click on the link to see the video.

Until next time, Enjoy -

No comments: