Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Update, Update, Update

I know it's been much longer then I would like so I'm going to try and play catch up. I don't have my camera with me right now so I will have to post with pictures later but since the Tulsa trip here are just a few things that we have been up to.

Clay is now working for his brother at Maverick Color. He is enjoying it but working TONS of hours. He is also still working a few hours a week for Amy editing photos for her (she owns a photography studio and does weddings). So I don't get to see him much but that's ok, everyone has to put in there dues sometime right! We also moved in with the Sampson's (I guess we did that right before Labor day but I can't remember if I posted about it or not). Things are great with that right now. The Sampson parents are actually out of town for 10 days so the left me incharge of holding down the place, yes they're brave! We are hoping to be able to get back into our own place before Christmas and it looks like that will be happening!

I took a trip down to Houston a weeks or so ago just to spend time with my family after the Hurricane. Zoey and I had alot of fun! In the one week we were gone Zoey did 5 new things! Daddy missed seeing them all for the first time! I'll post pictures later but the 5 new things she did are...

1. She started to clap (Daddy had been trying and trying to teach her this for awhile!)
2. She crawl crawled not just army crawled. (It was only a few times and now she won't real crawl at all, but she did it, I have witnesses)
3. She learned how to go from crawling/laying to sitting, and then getting back down again.
4. She started to pull her self to standing (she only did this once or twice but now it seems like she's doing it all the time. I guess it's time to get a baby gate for the stairs!)
5. And last but not least...she got her first tooth!!!

Her second tooth should be showing within the next day or so you can already feel it coming up. I was very happy that she wasn't an extra fussy baby. She was a little fussy but not bad at all like I was expecting. I love my little girl.

The other fun thing I did in Houston was go with my Mom, Sarah (my sister), and Maribella and LeeAnna (my sister in laws) to the RS broadcast. It was so good. The things that were talked about were SOOOO good. I LOVED Elder Uchtdorf's talk, as did many people I know. I feel like I have alot of things to be grateful for and alot of things to work on after hearing him and also Elder Bednar (he spoke at our Stake Conference a few weeks before). So, other things I did in Houston beside just seeing family include,... going and eating at the grill my two little sisters Amy and Alison work. Going and watching my littlest sister Alison play basketball (she is SO good). Getting my eyebrows waxed for the first time ever by my sister Sarah (she just graduated from cosmetology school). Going to my nephew Daniels soccer game, then to watch my niece Jade cheerlead, and then back for my other nephew Cameron's soccer game! Hanging with my Aunt Melanie. Shopping, shopping, shopping. Eating, eating, eating. Oh, and watching TV!!!!

So, I'm trying to think if there is anything else I want to mention in this post to get me all caught up... oh, I had a job interview yesterday that went very well, hopefully it will all work out! As always my life revolves around Zoey. She is growing SO big. I am so happy that she is eating so well and loving her solids. She loves to eat puffs and she can pick them up with either hand!!! It'll be interesting to see if she ends up being left or right handed because right now she's both! Here are her stats from her latest Dr. appointment...

Height: 27 1/2 inches (95%)
Weight: 18 lbs 4 oz (90%)
Head Circ: 17 1/2 inches (90%)

Anyone who read this whole post through has my kudos because I know it was not very exciting, I just really wanted to get everything down so that I can start fresh and not feel like I'm so far behind on everything. I'm excited because tomorrow we're going to the Pumpkin Patch and I will defiantly have more fun pictures of Zoey. I will try and do better!

Love ya'll tons -

2 comments:

My name is Andrea said...

Lots of firsts! It is so fun to watch them learn and grow, and they start to do it so fast!

Jess said...

Yeah, yeah, and yeah! I am so excited that things are looking up. You are a strong woman and I admire you. Thanks, Melissa, for the compliment on my craft. I think being with you for that ONE project got my creative juices flowing for the first time in my life:) You're awesome!