Monday, August 4, 2008

$33 and 8 hours = NOTHING

Ok, a few weeks ago I received an e-mail about a hotel in Denton that was selling some of their king mattress sets for $15 because they were getting in new ones. I replied to the contact person and got a reply letting me know that it was a first come first serve and that the hotel would not take names and hold the mattresses. So, last Monday was the scheduled day at 10am. I had made arrangements to borrow a friends truck and Clay had made arrangements to go into work late. We drove all the way to Denton (about 30-40 minutes) to find out that the hotels new mattresses didn't come in and that they had postponed the date till next Monday. I was ok with that, not too upset, I didn't think to call before hand because I didn't expect any problems. We drove back home and said, no problem we'll just go next week!

So, today we woke up, I called the hotel and asked if they were still selling their mattresses at 10am. They said they were and so we dropped off Zoey at a friends house (she was also having the other little girl I babysit for dropped off at her house while I picked up the mattress), went to borrow the truck and drove back out to Denton. We got there and went around back and you'll never guess what happened...they didn't have any mattresses! The lady said we had been misinformed and that the first come, first serve mattresses were already gone and you could only pick up a mattress if you had reserved one. I was just a little upset!!! So we had to turn around and go home AGAIN with NO MATTRESS. Maybe we're not meant to have a King size mattress. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't sell the bed set this weekend like I almost did, otherwise we'd be sleeping on an air mattress!

Moral of the story, if it sounds like a great deal it's probably too good to be true!!

Gas in Car - $25
Babysitter - $8
Cell Minutes - 10
Hours - 8
= NO MATTRESS

Hope you all sleep well in your beds tonight.

5 comments:

Dani said...

oh Melissa that stinks! I know how excited you were abut the bed too. It sucks to get your hopes up for something only to get nothing in the end. I tell you what, once David and I buy a new bed (I want the sleep number...maybe i'll get it for christmas) i'll give you our king! I hate that you didn't get what you wanted and definitely deserved! I am bummed out for you!!!!! but I love you and know that great things are coming your way...who cares about a crummy bed anyway when the Lord has many blessing in store for you!

Amanda said...

:( SORRY :(

shahna said...

Murphy's Law??:)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! I'd be more ticked that I had wasted so much time because someone had "misinformed" you. Aahhh!

Anonymous said...

It was great to see you & Clay today. Zoey is so cute!! I haven't seen a happier baby in a long time. What a joy she must be for you. :o)

update my blog address. it is now:
http://jettonfamily5.blogspot.com/