Monday, August 10, 2009

Zoey's New Dress

Yes, this is a picture of me sewing. My mom came and visited a while ago and I've really been in the mood to learn more how to sew (I haven't sewn in like 10 years). So we went shopping and bought a few patterns and fabric. To start me on a few basics she taught me how to make this adorable shirt dress.

We started with a basic shirt and added fabric on the bottom and on the sleeves as cuffs. I think it turned out absolutely adorable! I can't wait to make a few more! I even have a few ideas to adjust it a little more to make it fit Zoey better. Who knows maybe I'll even make some and put them on my Etsy site.

Here are a few pictures of Zoey in the dress. She wouldn't stand still long enough for me to get a great picture but I think you get the idea!

I love the little buttons on her collar. We added those to tie everything together, it was the perfect touch! I also love these bows. I bought them from my friend Cami and once I realized they matched this dress I was SOO excited! They are perfect!

She loved playing in her dress. This picture also shows the cool tags that I made for her baskets on the toy shelf. I thought the tags turned out wonderful!!!


I love the dress so much I had to put it on when we went to see family and I thought this was just too cute. Zoey is giving her cousin Kylee kisses! They are so cute together!

6 comments:

Anna said...

That dress is so precious! I love the buttons.

My sister got tubes in her ears.. everything turned out just fine! She looks so brave in those pictures.

Jolene Irving said...

Melissa,
I was blogging about this just last night, how fun. Mine will post Wednesday morning. It has pictures on you with the dress. You did such a great job!!!! I used to make these for you when you were younger :)I should see if I can find some pictures of that. Keep up the good work.

Dani said...

what a great dress! good job! and she looks like such a little lady oh my goodness!!!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!

Unknown said...

Wow!! It's adorable baby dress... She looks really cute in this!!

Kristin Joy said...

You did a great job.!! That dress turned out really cute and adorable. She looks beautiful..