Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zoey's got Tubes

So Zoey got tubes put in her ears yesterday morning. Boy was she a trooper. She did so well. We had to be at the surgery center at 6:30 in the morning and she wasn't allowed to have any food or drink before hand, she didn't seem to mind at all. She didn't want to get on the scale to be weighed at the beginning so after a few tries I had to be weighed with her then my weight deducted (I didn't like seeing those numbers!) Of course as soon as I stepped off the scale she went right on it to play with it! I'll have to remember that for next time!

The facility was really nice! We dressed Zoey in this adorable tiger gown and they gave her some drug laced Tylenol that started to make her sleep after a few minutes. She just laid there on the bed and was a pretty happy baby!




Here she is after the stuff really started to kick in! They took her (and her doggie) back for the procedure and we went out to the waiting room. I had taken some stuff for me to color for YW and I didn't even get one page done before the Dr came out to say he was done! We had to wait for her to wake up before we could go back but that only took like 5 minutes. As you can see below, she was not very happy when she woke up. She was fussy off and on for about 30 minutes or so. She mostly didn't like it when we put the oxygen/heartbeat thing on her toe. She was really loopy after the surgery too, very floppy in my arms. She did enjoy the bag of animal crackers they gave her. It was cute/funny how she'd put one in her mouth and then start crying and then put in her binkie and then eat the cracker! Her binkie was covered in animal cracker by the end. The let us go about 30 minutes after and we drove home (in traffic on 635) and put her right to bed.


We ended up being gone from the house for only about 3 hours! She then slept for about 3 hours and woke up like nothing had happened and has been a happy baby ever since! I do have to give her ear drops and I was a little worried at first but she doesn't' mind them at all. She actually takes the bottle from me after and lays her head down to try and give herself some more! This morning she was even trying to put some in my ears! I'm so glad she has no problem taking medicine and things!

Well, that was my experience! I'm glad everything went so well. Enjoy -

3 comments:

Cami said...

Wow, that sounds oddly familiar... hehe. Sydney had the same experience with her tubes and all is well! I'm glad Zoey did well.

The Christensen Family said...

What a tough girl! She is so stinkin cute! We sure miss you guys.

Dani said...

it's crazy how quick they do the tubes! I am glad she has them now she will be soooooooo happy and hopefully she is like jake and doesnt get anymore infections!!!!! we miss you guys