Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July

We spent the weekend of the 4th with Clay's family. His parents and sister came down from Tulsa and we hung out the with all the Meldrums in the Dallas area. We started out on Friday by going to lake Lavon and hanging on the beach and boating. Zoey LOVED the water. She had so much fun she didn't want to get out of the water to eat lunch or take a nap or anything. We spent 7 hours at the lake!


Saturday morning we started out with a Ward breakfast and then went to watch the The Colony 4th of July parade. We got good seats because my friend Heidi let us join her by her moms house. Zoey had fun watching everyone come by. She was a little scared of the motorcycles though, especially when they'd rev their engines.

The theme of the parade was 'Super Heroes'. Most of the floats/groups had pictures or dressed up like the main super heroes we all know (Batman, Hulk, Spider man,...) This was probably my favorite float. I really like the thought of the people that truly fought for our freedom.
We then went over to Luke and Mistys to go swimming, BarBQ and then go see the fireworks. I love this family picture. I think it's the first where Zoey is actually crying because we're making her take a picture! I know there's many more like this to come!

There's a small airport right across from the pool and there were some fighter jets that took off and flew over us while we were swimming. Zoey thought they were very interesting.
I don't have pictures of the fireworks. I was so surprised how well Zoey did. She sat there in my lap and fell asleep about half way thorough. We got a good spot and from where we were we actually saw 3 other firework shows off in the distance.

We had a great 4th and can't wait for next year!

4 comments:

Anna said...

She is adorable-I love that last picture.

I love the 4th of July! The Woodlands parade was kind of lame, I'm not going to lie. Not many floats and mostly just people walking. Booooo. I shoulda come to yours.

Aimers said...

Man, I SO missed out...next time I wont think, I'll just show up at your door!
Glad you guys had a great 4th.

Emily Lynn said...

Wow! Zoey is so blond!! Where does that light hair come from? Sounds like you had a great 4th of July weekend!!

Melissa thank you so much for the cute dresses! I can't wait to play dress up with my little doll that's coming soon :) And your card is perfecto! The fist thing I said, before even reading it, was "Gosh Melissa is so talented! She makes the cutest cards!!!"

Dani said...

looks like so much fun! wow zoey is getting so big!