Thursday, September 10, 2009

They're Officially Gone...

Well, Apple said the hard drive was shot so they are going to install a new one but we wanted to see if we could take it somewhere to save the pictures. We took it to a data recovery place and they are 99.9% sure they can save all of our pictures, but it will cost us $1,800.00!!! I know pictures are priceless but there is no way we can come up with that kind of money any time soon. So, unfortunately, our pictures for the last 6 months are gone :( ... A Moment of Silence for the lost pictures... I'm glad I blogged during that time so that all my memories aren't lost. Now I just need to be better about blogging and scrap booking so that all my pictures aren't only on the computer. Anyways, I do have a few posts to do, but I need to figure out how to either hook up my camera here at work or wait till the new hard drive comes in for Clay's computer at home. We'll see how it goes...Until next time.

* I guess I should have mentioned that we have 3 back up hard drives that are all full of pictures and videos. We take WAY too many pictures! We just haven't had the money for another hard drive yet (Clay has to get a certain kind to be happy), we had it in the budget to get the end of this month though!! Timing really is everything! Don't worry, now we're going to get two hard drives, one for him and one for me so I can keep them in two additional places!

5 comments:

Paige said...

we had the hard drive crash and the apple store was finally able to get them off but it cost $250. I paid it because it was all of Kaden's birth. Now we have Mac Leopard and it backs it up to a separate hard drive on its own.

My name is Andrea said...

I am so sorry!!! I have started to keep the SD card with everything on it, as well as backing up on CD...then if there is a crash of the computer, all is not lost. I figure you can buy two 2GB SD cards for less than $20 and they each hold 600-800 pictures, so it is actually a very economical way to store them, plus they are in order! I'm glad you blogged, too!

JJLanier said...

I am SO sorry! I would be devastated if we lost 6 months of pictures! I can't believe they charge that much to recover the pictures. We have a separate hard drive (Time Machine) that automatically backs everything up.

luke & misty meldrum family said...

Sorry. We back stuff up on our seperate hard drive. Much cheaper. We do learn from our mistakes though don't we.

Dani said...

it's okay, it was only 6 months. It could have been worse. look on the bright side, it's not like you dont have any pictures from the last six months. and at least it wasnt pics of zoey when she was first born where they change soooooo much!