Thursday, September 17, 2009

Playing at the Park

Zoey loves to play outside. When it's nice weather (not like it's been the last week or so), we try and go to the park. I've found one by the house that we like. We went the other day with Daddy and, since we'd just lost our pictures, we made sure to take the camera.

Zoey loves the slide. I like the one at this park because I can go down next to her.


This park doesn't have the baby swings but Zoey doesn't care! Once we figured out fun and, somewhat, safe ways for her to swing, I've enjoyed it too...Don't you just love the pig tails!!!

This last time I was even brave enough to let Zoey try and sit up to swing. I didn't push her high at all and kept my hands on the chains at all times cause I kept thinking she might fall!! But she did great and loved every minute of it. I can't wait till the rain eases up and we can go back.

I can't remember if I blogged about the first time we went to the duck park as we call it. We thought it would be fun so we took bread to feed the ducks. When we got there these geese came up to us and surrounded us! Then all the other ducks came over and lets just say, we were scared!! These ducks have no fear and will get really close. The hardest part is Zoey kept trying to run right up to them and pet them. She didn't understand 'no' that day. This time was a little better, they didn't surround us but they still got close and Zoey tried to run to them a lot more, she has NO fear!

1 comment:

Anna said...

I couldn't decide which post to comment on! Jeff served in Brazil-he's got some neat stuff from there.

We have a duck pond by our house. The ducks there will jump up for their food-and can get aggressively. Thankfully, they don't have real teeth so when they nip it feels like... shutting a book on your hand? Anyway, to keep our little nieces and nephews from getting scared of them we teach them TO chase the ducks-keeps the ducks from surrounding you!

Cute table!