Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Swimming in Crawdaddy River

My mothers side of the family has a family reunion once every 3 years. It is always held in Cortez Colorado because my Aunt/Uncle has a HUGE farm and tons of space and fun things to do that us city kids don't see that often. One of the traditions is on the day we all gather before the festivities 'officially' begin, we go down to this river and swim. We've always referred to it as the craw daddy river and I have no idea what it's real name is! I was so proud of myself, I was one of the first people in and I stayed in until we left! I never got my head wet or went in past my waist because the water was FREEZING but I was in it!

There were almost 50 people at the family reunion. We all had a blast!
Awe, isn't Alison just adorable!!! Oh, and for those who don't know...SHE'S ENGAGED NOW!!!!! Yeah, she wasn't at the reunion, it all happened after but I'm so excited for her!
Zoey absolutely LOVED the water. She did not care that it was freezing cold. She wanted to swim and swim.


Of course all the 'old folks' sat in chairs and watched everyone else. I guess that's what you get to do when you're now a grandparent instead of just a parent at one of these reunions!
Across the river is a rock ledge and it's every one's favorite to jump off. That's what the picture above and below are showing, they're not meant to show my white shirt and white arms but the kids across the river jumping!


Zoey was wiped out by the end! Grandpa had given her a sucker when we got in the car and she fell asleep with it in her mouth ( I guess we took it out before this picture was taken, but trust me, it was so funny!)

Well, that's all for this post! Keep checking back for the next one!

No comments: