Monday, September 20, 2010

Dinosaur's

Vacation Part 1 - The drive:

About a month ago Clay uploaded all the pictures from our family vacation this summer in like 7 different posts so that all I had to do was go in any type and post. You can see how quick I'm getting that done! Well, since I found a few minutes during my lunch at work before I have to run up front I thought I'd start and get the first post done. So bug me until you see another cause I have lots waiting!

For vacation this summer we drove to Cortez Colorado for a family reunion on my mothers side of the family, then drove to New Port Beach California for a family reunion on my husbands side of the family. We were gone for almost 2 full weeks and were exhausted at the end but had a blast!

This was our first true, family vacation since being married. On the drive to Colorado Zoey was getting a little restless in the car (surprise hu?!). We started seeing signs for a dinosaur museum in the next town so we decided we were making good time and it was almost lunch so we might as well stop and see the dinosaurs. It was a little museum that was also a research lab for the local community collage. It was only a few dollars to get in and it was pretty small but it was just perfect for what we needed!


They had a little children's area lots of displays all around that you could actually touch (they even had one of different hardened poops you could tough, don't worry, we washed our hands after!)

Zoey really liked running around and seeing all the different exhibits.

This was in the children's area. You could make foot prints in the sand. They even had a walnut shell pit where you could 'dig' for fossils and things, she didn't care for the pit very much but we had to drag her away from the sand. I can't wait until we have a backyard or even a patio again and can put a sand table up for her!






Some of the larger exhibits she would get scared of if we got too close. It probably didn't help that we tried to pretend and feed her to the dinosaurs but that's what you can do when you're a parent, right?!

Zoey has always loved to swing so when we stopped for lunch we let her play for a bit before getting back in the car.
For me one of the best things about the drive up was after the dinosaur museum we stopped at a local park and ate lunch that we had brought in our cooler. Whenever Clay and I have traveled in the past (usually no more then 4 hours to see family) we always just stop and eat fast food. I was determined to make this trip fill like a really family trip that we use to take growing up and I wanted to stop on the side of the road and eat sandwiches from the cooler and for breakfast have cereal in a cup! We did the lunch, once, then I think we ate out every other time! But hey, we had the experience!

Well, that's part 1 of our vacation. I hope you'll stay tuned for part, 2, 3, 4,....

1 comment:

Aimers said...

OMG I can't wait for more!
I didn't know you guys stopped at a Dino place...without me! It looks like SO much fun (even the poop part).