Monday, February 15, 2010

Potty, Bed, Dinner Fun, Uniform, Snow and Valentines

Yes, this post has a lot in it, but it's better then nothing right!!! For starters, Zoey has potty trained! She isn't perfect at it but she's pretty darn good! She's even gotten down pooping in the toilet! I still put her in pull ups when we leave the house because I just can't pull over or run when I'm in the middle of food shopping but I know we need to work on that. She looks so cute on her little potty!!!

Zoey has also transitioned into a toddler bed. This was because she started to flip out and land head first! She does pretty good staying in her room but we need to work on keeping her in her bed. She usually ends up sleeping right by the door.
We also have fun during dinner. I taught her how to use pretzels to make fangs. We enjoy growling at each other while we eat! (PS: I LOVE my new table, thank you Mari)
Last Monday Zoey started attending a Montessori and I love it! Doesn't she look so cute in her uniform. Right now she's only going 3 days a week but she'll start going 5 days once Clay transitions to days at work. She is already learning so much. The very first day she was telling me what she did and what she ate on the way home. She's also singing songs she learned there at dinner. She is growing up WAY too fast, on a good day she knows most of her colors and shapes and will count to 13 (yes thirteen, why thirteen I have no idea) by herself! I am glad that we made this decision to put her into the Montessori.
And, if you live or read anyone else blog who lives in Dallas then you already know that is snowed like crazy last Thurs/Fri. It was record breaking snow fall for Dallas. Of course, we had to go and play in it. We didn't make anything cool but Zoey loved walking through it and picking up the snow and throwing it on the ground. We even made a small snowball and threw it at daddy.
Last but not least, these are the valentines I made for Zoey class party. I got this idea from one of the blogs I stalk. I made crayons and attached them to a card that says 'Have a Colorful Valentines'. I used cheap crayons so they didn't turn out as well as if I had used real Crayola crayons but they were still cute.
Well, that's all my updating for today. Maybe I'll be better at posting and maybe I won't, I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

6 comments:

Aimers said...

OMG!!! I just saw you like 2 days ago...and I miss you guys SO much already! Man, this is insane, I don't like being even farther apart then what we already were. I guess I'm just gonna have to start blogging more as well.
LOVE YOU!

Emily Lynn said...

Melissa you are so so busy!! Love the crayon idea! Very cute! And I can't believe Zoey is going to school!!?? Montessori's have always interested me.... You'll have to post more on the one Zoey is at!! Love you guys!

Anna said...

I loooove the crayon idea for valentines! Cuuuuuuuuute!

Maribella Irving said...

And I thought I was busy! Wanting to blog more myself but I just haven't done it. Jolene helped me make one and now I have to start. (PS. Table looks great! lol)

Vi said...

You are a a busy woman. It's hard to believe when we last saw each other we had just graduated high school. Now we are busy with kids and hubbs.

Aimers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.