Monday, January 25, 2010

More Flu...

It seems like forever since I've posted. I wish I had some pictures to post right now but I'm lucky just to have two seconds where I feel like posting. I want to (and still may) do some of this in their own posts but here's an overview of my life since Christmas. A LOT has happened, I feel like I'm barely in survival mode most nights.
  • We moved into a new apartment (I still have about 30 or so boxes to unpack, not major stuff, just crafts, books and decorations).
  • Zoey decided she didn't want to sleep in her crib anymore and started to flip out and land head first on the floor. Needless to say, she is in a toddler bed now and was doing really well going to bed at first but not so much the last few weeks (any ideas?)!
  • She also decided she didn't want to use diapers anymore, so we potty trained her 2 weeks ago. She actually does really well with it (except she pooped in the bathtub tonight).
  • She will be two in about 5 weeks or so and I defiantly need to get a handle on discipline!
  • I am still working early mornings and Clays still working nights so I still don't see him at all.
  • I am in the YW presidency as a counselor now instead of just the secretary stuff I feel like I have a lot more to do (I LOVED being the secretary because most of what I had to do I could do on my own time frame.) I'm trying to figure out Wed night activities and all that good stuff.
  • Oh, we bought a new car today (Clay's car isn't doing to well). I'm blessed that I have a friend at work who was selling their old car and it's worked out well, now I just need to figure out what to do with Clay's car?
  • Clay's birthday was last week, he's 30!!! We had a nice relaxing weekend but he couldn't decide which birthday cake he wanted so I made both! We had (and still have tons of) Cathy's Chocolate Moose and the Meldrums Oreo Delight Ice Cream cake (both VERY yummy and very easy to make).
  • Clay and I have come up with a possible business idea that I'm trying to research and make happen (lots of reading and headaches right now), so once it starts coming together I'll fill everyone in.
  • Oh, and to top everything off, Zoey has the flu! I know she just had the swine flu after Christmas but now she has just the normal flu, even though she got the flu shot! So I haven't gotten much sleep since Friday night, and I really hope I don't come down with the flu because I really don't have time for it!
Hopefully I'll be able to get my life more organized and feel like I have time to post again sometime soon. Until then, you keep posting because I love reading about all ya'lls lives! Right now my house is a mess, dishes are piled up in the sink, I have a to do list a million miles long and all I want to do is go to bed, so that's where I'm headed!

PS: Don't get me wrong, I love my life, I just want to be able to love it more! I just have too many grand ideas and not enough time to do what I want, I just need to prioritize a little better and learn to multitask more.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Holy moly you've been so busy.

Our RS meeting tonight was about destressing! Taking time to take care of yourself, stretchin, and not letting situations get you down were the big points.

Hope things relax a little!