Thursday, March 19, 2009

She's No Longer a Baby

Zoey's 1 now. I can't believe she's 1!!! This is the first post of 3 about Zoey's birthday celebrations. On her birthday I took the day off work so we could have some fun! We started the morning with her well child visit...
Weight: 22 lbs 9 oz
Length: 31 inches
She got two more shots, and as always she did so good. She had a sinus infection (her fourth one) that started over the weekend so the Dr. gave us another prescription so we headed to Costco after to buy diapers and fill the prescription. By the time we got home she was tired and not feeling well and neither was I. So instead of going on a picnic and playing at the park and doing other fun things we spent the day at home resting. I did give Zoey her birthday toys and we did have fun playing with them for awhile.

Here are some little things about Zoey:
- Zoey loves bath time. She mostly loves to splash and they don't last long because she likes to try and stand and that means it's time to get out!
- Zoey loves almost all food. She'll eat just about anything you put in front of her. Her favorite food is fruit (any kind).
- Zoey loves to play outside. Now that it's nice outside I open the door to the porch and she'll go in and out forever!

Today, as we were driving home after I picked her up she was playing with this Lego block toy that we got in a kids meal the other day. I was so amazed to watch her try and figure it out. For a while she'd keep making her Godzilla sound because she couldn't get it on right. Because I was driving I couldn't help but I kept encouraging her and watched her in the mirror. She finally got it and it was so fun to celebrate with her. The big smile that came on her face and she started to clap and then she tried it again. It's so awesome to see her growing and learning. I can't believe she's already a year old though!

Here's a picture of her trying to figure out her new Birthday toys on her birthday. She loves these toys and is getting pretty good at figuring them out!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZOEY! I rmember seeing you guys at our church building when she was just a little babe and I was preggo with L! time flies:)

Where did you get that purple pop up toy? I haven't found one I liked.